GROCERY STORE TOURS
Pam will take you on a whirlwind tour of your local grocery store! Browse up and down the aisles and ask Pam all the questions you have wanted to ask a nutrition professional!
Some possible discussion points:
- Understanding food labels
- Understanding the criteria for a food to be considered a healthy choice
- Shopping for specific medical conditions or allergies/sensitivities
- Research-based information about food products (such as organic, soy, high fiber, foods with active cultures, spreads/fat/oils, forms of food sweeteners, etc.)
Who should sign up?
- Individuals or groups – put together a bunch of friends or colleagues!
- Food-related support groups or programs (celiac disease, weight loss, cardiac rehab, etc.)
- Parents who shop for their family
- Persons with specific medical conditions that require special food purchases
- Persons looking for guidance in reading food labels
- Grocery stores, supermarkets, health food stores, local markets, etc. who are looking to education the consumer about their products